Wednesday 15 April 2015

The max headroom incident:

Max Headroom was introduced in the mid 80’s as the world’s first computer generated TV host.
He portrayed the character of an AI with disjointed movements and an electronic voice. The cyber character had a blonde plastic quiff and wore Ray bans and a suit.
This is him in action in a Coke commercial:


During a Chicago Bears sports report on November 22nd 1987, the signal for a local station WGN-TV (now channel 9) was hijacked by an unknown person wearing latex Max Headroom mask in front of a corrugated metal door with buzzing audio.
Some hours later at 11:15pm during an episode of “Dr.Who” the signal was hijacked once again by the same man in the mask. This time there was a distorted audio and a dialogue of screaming and laughing and humming and moaning.
Here’s a video of the incident with subtitles:


The case is still unsolved today, however some years ago a Reddit user claimed to know the person / people involved, however he refused to disclose their names and couldn’t get in contact with the old friends of his when he tried.

"J was at the party in the apartment that afternoon. I didn't talk with him directly (me, and the friend of mine that I was there with didn't really talk to anybody that day), but I did overhear what the others were talking about. They were referring to J planning to do something "big" over the weekend. I remember that word, "big", because it piqued my curiosity as to what might be considered "big" by their standards. I later asked them collectively during the dinner we all had at Pizza Hut later that night what they were talking about earlier, what "big" was, and someone (probably K) told me to "Just watch Channel 11 later tonight." ...As sort of an offhanded suggestion. I did happen to be watching Channel 11 later that night, having forgotten about the whole "big" conversation earlier that day. I saw it, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time."


Check out his story HERE << Click  

No comments:

Post a Comment