Wednesday 14 October 2015

The man who has been without an identity for 11 years finally knows who he is:


Benjaman Kyle, the man who has been without an identity for 11 years finally knows who he is. Found behind a dumpster outside of a Burger King and hospitalized, Benjaman woke up with no memory of who he was, and was diagnosed with retrograde amenesia. 

Unable to work without I.D or a social security number Kyle was dependent on the support system that rallied around him in Jackson, Florida, where he’s lived for over a decade while searching for who he is. 

Thanks to the help of genetic genealogist, CeCe Moore, he was able to determine his identity using the same process used in finding biological parents in adoption cases. 

He made the following Facebook post:

 “MY IDENTITY HAS BEEN FOUND! It is now the start of the eleventh year since this began and I never thought this day would come. A little over two months ago I was informed by CeCe Moore that that they had established my Identity using DNA. Many people had shared their DNA profiles so that they could be compared with mine. Through a process of elimination they determined my ancestral bloodline and who my relatives were. A DNA test taken by a close relative has confirmed that we are related. I have been in contact with them and plan on visiting them next week. I will soon have a Social Security card and a new Florida ID card. I am reserving my new name for now until I have met my new found relatives.”

sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle
https://www.facebook.com/benjaman.kyle.9/posts/10207885434472513

No comments:

Post a Comment